Rico knitting pattern 97140.01.00 query

Hi,
I have just finished knitting a lovely scalloped edged wrap which turned out quite well. However, although the cast on edge has a great scallop to it, the cast off is almost straight which really spoils the look.
There are only 6 rows to the pattern and the instructions tell me to cast off on the 2nd. Have I done anything wrong. I’ve used the yarn recommended in the pattern
I’m newly back to knitting after a 25 year gap and I’m really enjoying it at the moment apart from this hiccup!
Any advice would be gratefully received.

Welcome to KnittingHelp!
Well, it doesn’t sound like you’ve done anything wrong. That seems to be what the pattern instructions call for. It is a very graceful shawl.
http://www.woolwarehouse.co.uk/patterns-and-books/rico-knitting-idea-compact-140-leaflet-creative-reflection

Sometimes what is done is to knit halfway and then cast on again, knit to the halfway point and then graft the two sides together. I know this doesn’t help you now but I’m sure the shawl is lovely as is. You may also be able to encourage a scallop or a reverse scallop when you block the wrap.

Thanks for that. I will try doing the next one in 2 pieces as you suggest… I’m knitting a couple more wraps as Xmas gifts - the yarn is so pretty.