Can anyone tell me what a corrugated ribbing is? This is the ribbing of choice for the Snowbird mittens in the most recent Vogue. Thanks.

IIRC corrugated ribbing is the same thing as two-color ribbing – the knit stitches are done in one color and the purl stitches in the other. (So, like, k2 in color A, p2 in B, k2 A, p2 B, etc.) It gives an interesting visual effect, and – since you’re stranding the unused yarn as you go – is a tighter cloth than standard ribbing.

Here is nice page with pictures and some tips on corrugated ribbing.


You can also try YouTube for videos.