Reversing shaping of raglan cap

I’m onto the right sleeve, and it says to “work to correspond to left sleeve, reversing shaping of raglan cap”.

This is the pattern for the left sleeve :

[COLOR=dimgray][B]LEFT SLEEVE
[/B]With smaller needles, cast on 33 sts. Work in ribbing same as for back for 1", end on Row 2. Change to larger needles and work in St st, inc 1 st each side every 4th row 0(0-1-4) times, every 6th row 0(2-9-7) times, every 8th row 5(6-0-0) times, then every 10th row 2(0-0-0) times – 47(49-53-55) sts. Work even until sleeve measures 14-1/2(14-1/2-14-1/4-14-1/4)" from beg, end on WS.
[B]Note:[/B] Work decs at beg of RS rows as k3, KSP. Work decs at end of RS rows as sl 1, k1, psso, k3. WS rows are always worked even until bind off rows at the end.
[B]Shape Raglan Cap:[/B] Bind off 2(3-4-4) sts at beg of the next 2 rows. Work decs at beg of RS rows every 4th row 6(7-6-6) times, then every other row 12(11-13-14) times. AT THE SAME TIME, work decs at end of RS rows every 4th row 3(5-4-4) times, then every other row 15(13-15-16) times. When all decs at end of RS rows have been completed, continue to work decs at beg of RS rows and AT THE SAME TIME, bind off 3 sts at beg of the next WS row, then bind off 2 sts at beg of the last 2 WS rows.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]I’m not sure if I understand this correctly. Do I do everything the same from the cast on till the “shape raglan cap part”, then start reversing from there? And how do I reverse the raglan cap? I’ve read from other threads that I’m supposed to bindoff on the wrong side, is that right?[/COLOR]

Yes, knit the sleeve the same way, then when you get to the shaping you’ll have to pay attention. The first BO of sts at the next 2 rows will be the same. Where it says to work decs at beg or end of RS rows, you’ll be doing them on the WS rows. At the end where it says to BO at the beg of the next WS row, and then on the last 2 WS rows, you do them on the RS row.

When I do the decreases on the wrong side, do I do it the same way as I did on the left sleeve, except that I do it purl-wise instead?

Yes, p2tog is probably the easiest. And BO purlwise, which is actually no different than usual - just purl your stitches, then slip the stitch over.

So i p2tog on both the beginning and end of the rows?

Sure. Since these stitches will be in the seam, any differences probably won’t be noticeable.

Thank you! :muah: