Reverse shapings

Please could someone help me. I have completed the left neck but on the right neck it says complete to match left neck reversing all shapings. :anguished:

Which size are you making?

Hi I am making the first size :grinning:

Leave the center 16sts on a holder, reattach the yarn and knit across the next 20sts. At the armhole edge, turn and purl back. On the next row, cast off 3sts at the neck edge, knit to the end of the row. Turn and purl back. Again at the neck edge, cast off 2sts, knit to the end, turn and purl back. Cast off one stitch, knit to the end, turn and purl back. Repeat the last 2 rows once more and you’ll have 13sts left. Work 4 rows straight and cast off. All of the decreases are at the beginning of knit rows.

Sometimes it helps to make a diagram of the decreases or cast offs for the neck. Then it becomes easier to see how to reverse the shaping. Don’t worry that the shaping is offset one row, it’ll never show in the finished sweater.

I know this might sound awkward lol but could you write the pattern for the right side? (I’ve completed the front of the jumper I’m now on the back)

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by write the pattern for the right side? Have you completed the front already?

No I’m on the front now I have completed the left neck and it now need to do the right I know it’s the same pattern as left but how do I reverse shapings?

See if the instructions I typed out 4 posts ago help. That’s the pattern for the right neck shaping written out.

Thankyou so much. That makes perfect sense :grinning: