Reverse shapings? Pattern help

Here I am again! This little sweater is taking me for a ride, haha.

So I’m at the “Begin Raglan Shaping” (left side) and it says to “work neck shaping to match right front, reverse all shapings”. Self explanatory, right?

On the right it says, “row 1: BO 6 sts, k to last 3 sts, k2tog, k1”

So I reversed… and on the left did “k1, k2tog, k to last 6 sts, BO 6 sts”. But i’m left with the last stitch on the needle… I can’t bind off completely b/c I still have a bunch of rows left.

Please help. I’m almost to the sleeves! My 1st sleeves!!

http://www.knitty.com/issuesummer03/PATTdaisy.html

Hiya angela,
You can only bind off at the beginning of a row. So you would knit to the end of the row, turn, and do the bind off on the wrong side. It’ll only be off by one row, which isn’t noticeable.
Then you just mirror the shaping you did on the other side except it’ll be at the beginning of a wrong side row instead of the end of a knit row.

Hope that helps ya hun!!:thumbsup:

Yes, you do the BOs and decs on the WS, that would be the `reverse’ of the RS.

That’s what I read elsewhere too! It just doesn’t make any sense to me. I tried BO on the pearl (WS) instead of the knit (RS) and the edge turned out more like steps instead of a steady decline.

Here’s what I did:

Row 1: BO 6 sts (pearled), p to last 3 sts, p2tog, p1 (WS)
Row 2: knit (RS)
Row 3: BO 2 sts (pearled), p to last 3 sts, p2tog, p1
Row 4: knit
Row 5: BO 1 sts (pearled), p to last 3 sts, p2tog, p1

Should I have just knit the WS rows? and pearled the RS rows?

aaahhhhh, I may need an “in-person” consult with my pro-knitter sis-in-law! I’ve pulled this section out a million times :wall:

Thanks for your help, you guys have saved my lil’ sweater!

It is sposed to have that stepped thingamabob goin on there hun. :thumbsup:
That’s just the nature of the beast.:knitting: :slight_smile:

Yes, the side where you knit the BOs may not have been as noticeable, but it’s there too.