"reverse chart" - cables - what? help

Ok, I’m new here - today. Am knitting the Hurry Up Spring Armwarmers out of Debbie Stoller’s Stitch N Bitch book. Did the first one perfectly. Knitting on double pointed needles, using a chart. There is a complicated cable pattern -
sometimes “sl1 st to cn, hold in front, p1, k1 from cn.
sometimes sl1 st to cn, hold to back, k1, p1 from cn. sometimes sl1 st to cn, hold to back, k1, k1 from cn.
sometimes sl1 st to cn, hold to front, k1, k1 from cn.
sometimes other things.
when you get to the left armwarmer it says “reverse chart”. i think that means go from left to right instead of r to l. but i’m guessing it must also mean to do something different with the cabling directions. is that right?? i mean if a cable normally makes it lean right, you’d want it to lean left, now - correct??? or not? i’m so confused. HELP! fast help much appreciated. i’m eager to knit today!

thanks!
Nicol

Right, with the cables where the chart is ‘hold in front’, you’d hold in back, and vice versa.

Okay - thank you so much for responding. so - i will reverse the direction of the hold. but do i keep the k or p the same? for example:
sl1 st to cn, hold to back, k1, p1 from cn

the reverse would be:
sl1 st to cn, hold to FRONT, k1, p1 from cn

so the k and p stay the same??

nicol

If you reverse the direction of the chart, you’d reverse the sts also.

even though i’m knitting in the round?

I see on the ravelry thread they said to keep it the same, so I guess you would. I don’t do cabling so didn’t really think it all out.