Reducing stitches in the round

I am making a hat and need to reduce 70 stitches to 64 stitches evenly spaced. I have done the math so many times that I am now confused.
Is it…
2tg
2tg
2tg
2tg
2tg
2tg
11 ??? :thinking:
Thanks! Lisa

Seems right to me…the number you have adds to 70 and is evenly spaced as practical :thumbsup:

Hmm, I came up with K9, k2tog, k10, k2tog, k10, k2tog, k9, k2tog, k10 k2tog, k10, k2tog

That gives you 64 stitches. With your math I was still coming up with 70 stitches. But it’s early and that first cup of tea hasn’t set in yet :smiley: Essentially you need to get rid of 6 stitches evenly. But you need 12 stitches to do so (to k2tog), so that leaves you with 58 stitches to divide evenly by 6 spaces which is 9.6 stitches.

I get 70 also.

ahh! I was adding to 70 instead of 64!!! thanks! :heart:

You know, I’ve found after knitting for a while, that half the time it doesn’t even show if you are off a stich or two. I mean, think about it, it all kind of
runs together in the end and sometimes (am I being coarse here?) it really doesn’t matter. Just try and do it as evenly spaced as you can. And not fret too much.

I’ve been recently really looking at what I’m knitting and sometimes going against the pattern to get what I WANT. It’s weird, but I like it.

uh oh trust the pattern might not be in this category (Ingrid!) (but I’m sure you do this too) :wink:

Of course I do! “Trust the Pattern” is for when you look at it and say “Huh?–THAT doesn’t make sense.”