Reducing graph size

:shrug: I made a sweater for my grandaughter that had removable panels that buttoned on to the sweater for different holidays. Her mom loved it but wanted to know if I could do one for her brother (twins) with sports motifs on the panels. I did find graphs with different balls on them but they are approximately 56-59 sts. and I need to have this reduced to about 36-39 sts. Does anyone know how to do this?

You would have to re-chart it on a piece of graph paper, and use less stitches. It works fine, trust me.

http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/
You can go here and graph any picture you have

Thank you so much for the information you provided. I’m having some computer problems at the moment :grrr: but hope to have a friend over that can fix it so I can print again. Will save your informaton til then.

You could also make the picture smaller by using thinner yarn and smaller needles for the panel. Knit the area surrounding the picture to the dimensions you need for the button-on panel.

You could also make the picture smaller by using thinner yarn and smaller needles and following the chart as it is written. Knit the area surrounding the picture to the dimensions you need for the button-on panel.