Re: Baby Jacket from the 'Baby & Toddler Knits Made Easy' bo

Apologies for hijacking this site today but I had another question re the baby jacket that I forgot to post on my earlier question. The front and back of the jacket are knitted as a continuous piece. The instructions are as follows:

Left front
Cont in g st on these 26 sts until work measures 25 cm from cast on row, ending at the front edge

Shape neck
Cast off 6 sts at beg of next row, 2 sts at beg of next 2 alternate rows and 1 st at beginning of next 4 alternate rows

The right front instructs to follow the instructions for the left front but reversing shapings

So, my questions are

When shaping the neck on the left front do I cast off 6 sts at the beginning on the first row and then is it 2 stitches at the beginning of row 2 and 4 or 3 and 5? After that, do I then cast off 1 st at the beginning of the next row and every alternate after that for four times or do I knit a row first and then cast off one stitch at the beginning of the next four alternate rows.

How do I reverse the shapings for the right side too, please?

This sounds like a cute jacket. You can ask away with questions.
Cast off 6sts on row 1, then cast off 2sts on rows 3 and 5 and one sts on rows 7,9,11,and 13. (You can really only cast off at the beginning of a row.) For the left front, you will be casting off at the beginning of a wrong side row. For the right front, the directions are the same but you’ll start the cast off at the beginning of a right side row.

Thank you! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your response. It is so disappointing getting stuck and really uplifting when people shed a light on the pattern xxx