Raglan sweater help, please

i am working on the child’s placket neck pullover and am having difficulty. instructions read for Yoke

deacrease rnd: *ssk, slip marker, k1, k2tog, knit to within 2 stitches of next marker; repeat from * 3 more times – 8 stitches decreased, 1 plain knit stitch between each set of paired decreases along raglan line. Knit 1 rnd even. Repeat the last two rounds 3 more times ending last round 28 stitches before end of round… yoke measures about 1.25 inches above joining

ok, so ive done only 1 full round of these instructions and it measures about an inch already. am i really supposed to repeat decreasing 8 stitches with a plain knit round 3 more times? or am i reading this incorrectly?

i posted the link to all of the instructions if you need a clearer idea of the work to try adn help me.

this is my first sweater.

I can’t seem to get the link to work but it does sound like you’re doing it correctly.

You have to remember that with raglan sweaters the sleeves are joined to the body at an angle, like so /…, from underarm to shoulder which means that you will decrease at a steady rate as you carry on towards the neck.

Hope that helps!

yes yes it does help

this is the link to the pdf file.
http://www.purlsoho.com/purl/our_books
scroll to the “child’s placket neck pullover”

what im thinking is that if i do three more rounds (meaning four rounds of the decreasing and one round of the plain knit for each “round” ) then i am going to end up with a great raglan sweater i think, but nowhere for the neck placet

so when they say “repeat last two rounds,” im not precicely sure what they mean by “last two rounds” is this a common language for aptterns to call a round a set of decreases that are actually FOUR rounds?

deacrease rnd: *ssk, slip marker, k1, k2tog, knit to within 2 stitches of next marker; repeat from * 3 more times – 8 stitches decreased, 1 plain knit stitch between each set of paired decreases along raglan line. Knit 1 rnd even. Repeat the last two rounds 3 more times ending last round 28 stitches before end of round… yoke measures about 1.25 inches above joining

i wish i knew someone in real life who could help me. i know this is such a pain to try and decipher on the net. i appreciate anyone who tries to help me.

Hope this is what you mean!
Round 1:Decrease
Round 2: Knit
Round 3:Decrease
Round 4:Knit
Round 5: Decrease
Round 6:Knit
Round 7: Decrease
Round 8: Knit

1 round is just one time around on your needles.
Good Luck!

Yep, Nina is exactly right. This portion of your instructions is a total of 8 rounds, four decrease rounds and four plain rounds with no decreases.

nina and knitqueen thank you!

i read it as decrease round x 4 then knit one round plain

hank you thank you thank you. obviously ill have to :frog: for a bit, but at least ill get it right. my sweater and i both thank you! :cheering:

uh ohhhhhhh…how do you frog in the round :wall:

hi knitqueen, i went and did a search on frogging in the round and you explained that we should reinsert the needle where we want to begin again and then frog it back to there in this thread. thought i should put the link here for future questions.

thanks!!

and here is the video on how to reinsert the needle. its under fixing mistakes, entitled “Inserting a needle into destination row, before unraveling”

woohoo! bless this website and everyone here. everything i know about knitting is because of this place.