Raglan sleeve pattern

I am knitting an adorable hoodie cardigan for a baby 12 to 18 mo. The pattern is based on a 6 1/2 sts/inch gauge. The yarn I’m using is 5 to 5 1/2 sts/inch. Yarn is a unique color and I can’t find a yarn in this color which is closer to guage in pattern. The dimensions in the pattern are given in inches, so I can easily adjust the instructions to accommodate my guage. Besides, as a baby garment, I’m fine with it running a little large - she’ll grow in to it. The fly in the ointment is adjusting the raglan sleeve decreases to work with my gauge. The ratio of the pattern stitch gauge to mine is .77. I know sts are taller than wide, but I think the ratio should be about the same. I used this ratio to decrease the number of rows over which to do the decreases from 42 to 32. But I’m doing the same number of decreases. Does this sound like it’s going to work?

Your reasoning sounds fine but you’ll have to give it a try either on the sweater or on a test swatch. Have you measured your actual gauge on a swatch?

Yes I’ve made a swatch and checked gauge in 2 or 3 places. Glad you don’t see any glaring problems, and thanks for the feedback.