Raglan help

on foll 4th rows, cast off 1 st 6 times, then cast off 1 st 8 times, 2 sts 4 times, 3 sts 3 times

What is the instruction?

Welcome to KnittingHelp!
These directions are often confusing. What is the name of your pattern?

I’m assuming there are directions for several sizes and that’s why the cast off of one stitch is separated into 6 times then 8 times rather than just 14 times?
If so then cast off one stitch on rows 4,8,12,16,20,24,28,32,36,40,44,48,52 and 56. Then cast off 2sts on rows 60,64,68 and 72. Cast off 3sts on rows 76,80 and 84.

Hi the pattern is Melusine cardigan … When work meas 30 cm from beg, on each edge, cast off 1 st once, then:

• on foll 4th rows, cast off 1 st 6 times, then cast off 1 st 8 times, 2 sts 4 times, 3 sts 3 times and 5 sts once -
    And I agree… if I am decreasing 1 stitch as each end once why not state 14? Or am i to do something different…

The designer has several places where there are similar directions across all sizes. It’s a good question why and one for Phildar. The rows I listed are the correct ones (3rd size) to decrease on at each end with the addition of casting off 5sts each end of row 88. The stitch numbers add up including the decrease of one stitch each end at the very beginning before the instructions for each size.

1 Like

Thank you !