Raglan Cap sleeves

Hey all,

I’m now on the sleeves of the cardigan in my siggy and I’m a little confused. The parts that I’m confused about are in bold italics.

Note on decreases: Work decs at beginning of RS rows as k3, KSP. Work decreases at end of RS rows as sl 1, k1, psso, k3. WS rows are always worked even until bind off rows at end

Shape raglan cap: Bind off 2(3-3-4) sts at beg of the next 2 rows. Work decs of RS rows every 4th row 6(6-4-5) times, then every other row 21(22-26-26) times. Work decs at end of RS rows every 4th row 2(3-1-2) times, then every other row 25(25-29-29) times. When all decs at end of RS rows have been completed, continue to work decs at beg of RS rows and AT THE SAME TIME, bind off 4 sts at beg of the next WS row, then bind off 3 sts at beg of the last 2 WS rows.

What do they mean about the wrong side rows are always worked even??

Do I work the decreases at the end of the RS simultaneously with the decreases at the end? Or do I work the beginning decreases first and then the end decreases? I just can’t picture this… :??

“Work wrong side rows even” means you work them without decreases–just knit (or purl) straight across.

Thanks Angelina… any idea on the second part?

bump

Shape raglan cap: Bind off 2(3-3-4) sts at beg of the next 2 rows. Work decs of RS rows every 4th row 6(6-4-5) times, then every other row 21(22-26-26) times. Work decs at end of RS rows every 4th row 2(3-1-2) times, then every other row 25(25-29-29) times. When all decs at end of RS rows have been completed, continue to work decs at beg of RS rows and AT THE SAME TIME, bind off 4 sts at beg of the next WS row, then bind off 3 sts at beg of the last 2 WS rows.

This is confusing. :thinking: I think you work the beginning and end decreases at the same time, and when you finish with the end of the row decreases, you continue with the beginning of the row ones and when you are at that point, you do the bind offs. It’s hard to picture, though. :thinking:

Thanks Ingrid… I’ll give it a try!

Yes, it is confusing! :shock:

Lisa

Can I bother you guys with another question?

Where it says dec every 4th row and then every other row… do I decrease on the 4th row and then every other row would be row number 6, 8, 10 etc? Where would row 4 start back again as I have to decrease it 5 times (in my case?)

Thanks again.

Sorry I missed the second question earlier!!

As to the third, yes, decrease every 4th row 6(6-4-5) times, then every other row (the decreases are become more frequent, thus narrowing the sleeve faster).

Then you do every 4 again 2 (3-1-2) times, then every other row again.

Does that make sense?

First you would decrease every 4th row 5 times, then you’d start decreasing every other row.

Thank you Ingrid for your help! I hope I’m doing it right. Sheesh! I’m glad I’m nearly done this cardigan!

:pray: