Question about which way to loop

In most of the videos I watch, the knitter wraps the yarn around in a different direction than I do. I try it that way but it’s so much easier the way I do it. For example, the knitter demonstrates by wrapping counterclockwise but I find that doing it clockwise works better. The last time I noticed this was when I looked up and watched a video about how to K1tbl.

So if my work looks okay, does it matter which direction I loop?

Thanks,
Pauline

What do you mean loop? Which way you wrap the yarn when you knit or purl?

If so…the answer is generally “no it doesn’t matter if you’re happy with your work”. However, it often twists stitches and they may seem hard to knit. It can also affect the final look of your project compared to what the pattern fabric looks like. Just FYI.

“no it doesn’t matter if you’re happy with your work”.

That’s the answer I was hoping for. I always have one direction (usually clockwise) that is comfortable for me and also faster. I haven’t seen any problem with the look of my work, so I will just carry on. Thank you, Jan.

Remember there really is no right or wrong way to do anything in knitting, only your way. The only thing that matters is if you are happy with your end result. How you get to that result is entirely up to you.

Thank you, Auntelly. Good words of advice!