Question about Sticky Denises

Ok, maybe its because I have the front of this sweater going on Addi Turbo’s, but I am working the back on my Denises…they are just a tad “sticky”…is there anything I can do to fix that? I am working with a smaller needle than I like on this project (size 7), and definitely wont give up on them without using other sides, but honest to Pete, they make my hands hurt!

Are your Denises brand new? Because if so, when you get going & some of your natural hand oils get on there, that problem should clear up. Mine are not sticky at all.

Contact the company. I heard there was a bad batch of sticky needles, and they’ll replace them for you.

OOH! THAT’s interesting! Silver, how do you hear about this stuff??

I don’t remember exactly where I heard it… might have been at knitters review. I can retain vast amounts miscellaneous info, but can’t verify any of it. :roflhard:

Silver…I do the same thing :roflhard: :roflhard: …do you suppose it’s anything to do with ink?! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

I’ll 3rd that and add to the ink theory.

:roflhard: :roflhard: LOL, I was kidding…my memory has been like that since way before the 1st ink bit touched my skin…LOL But Silver nailed it, I can tell you many, many things, don’t know where the info came from…but my :inlove: husband; he remembers everything since birth, and where the knowledge came from!

Hate people like that! I can remember tons of useless and some actually useful information, but almost never can I tell you where I got it.

I’m serious…I no longer try to remember, bc i can just ask Lonnie…lol; it’s much easier…Me: ‘Honey, when did I get that Phoenix yarn?’…Him: ‘That would be when we went to Charleston for my bday, babe.’
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

I am NOT STICKY!!! I washed the brownie goo off my fingers hours ago.

~Denise

:rollseyes: EVERY time, Deni???

:roflhard:

EVERY TIME!

WHAT! Someone ate brownie dough without me?

My problem could definitely be operator error (knitting too tightly)…before I contact company will try a different size. I love the Addi Turbos but they are just way too expensive!

One thing you might try, is if you have some old candles, is rub the needle alongside the candle the wipe it off with a soft cloth, I’ve found that it works pretty well for sticky metal needles.

Sorrrry!