Question about k2tog with a yo

This might be a dumb question but I can’t seem to wrap my brain around this. So I’m doing a crosshatch lace sock from More Sensational knitted socks, and the instruction I’m having trouble with goes a little like this

row 8: *k4, YO, ssk rep from * ( this is the last line in the lace pattern)
row 1:*k3, k2tog, yo, k1 rep from *

Ok so the the problem comes when I’m trying to do row 1, the k2 tog. The first stitch is fine but the 2nd on is a yo so how do I knit the two tog? The yo is twisted on the needle right? Or am I doing my YO wrong.

This is the first time I’ve done any lace or used a yo in anything so I have no clue what i’m doing, lol. :slight_smile:

If the YO is twisted on the left needle, you may have wrapped it the wrong direction. It should be made with the same motion as a knit stitch. When you come to it again to k with the other st, it may be a little hard to get your needle into, but should work just like a regular stitch.

Thanks, I think then I might be wrapping the yo wrong. I’ve done all the previous yo’s through the back loop which is why this was throwing me off, how to knit one through the front and the other through the back at the same time, obviously not going to work, lol.

If you knit a YO that was made correctly tbl it will twist it and close up the hole somewhat. If you have to knit it tbl to make it open, you wrapped the wrong way.