**Question about directions**

If anyone can help me, it’s you guys!:notworthy:

I’m not sure what this means…(it’s highlighted)
[LEFT][FONT=Verdana]Cast on 25 st. using Big Net onto size 19 needles. Knit in stockinette
stitch the following way: [/FONT][/LEFT]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Black]Knit rows: [B][COLOR=Blue]Slip first stitch as if to knit[/COLOR][/B], k 24.
Purl rows: [COLOR=Blue][B]Slip first stitch as if to purl[/B][/COLOR], p 24. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]This will make smooth side edges.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Is it just sticking the needle through the back and/or front of the work and taking it off the needle?:shrug:

Also, I’m using size 15 needles…how much will that shorten it? It’s about a 5 mm difference…
[/FONT]

Yes, [B][I]slip as to knit[/I][/B] means you insert your needle into the stitch as if to knit and then just slip it off the needle without pulling the yarn through and actually knitting the stitch and [B][I]slip as to purl [/I][/B]works the same way only in a purlwise direction.It makes for neater edges when it comes time to seam or pick up stitches.

Best,
Susan

Thanks…I just wanted to make sure. Any idea on the overall shrinkage due to smaller needles?

If you want the same width, you may need to add a few more sts, though it may not be too much less. What is their width over the 25 sts using the 19s, and how many sts per inch are you getting? You’ll want to CO enough to make it the same width. As for length, you keep knitting until it’s long enough, never mind how many rows it is. The stitch gauge is more important than row gauge anyway.