Question About Decreasing/Markers

[b]I am coming down the homestretch with my drawstring bag … pattern reads:

Decrease:
Knit three inches (done). Set up round: *K10, place blue marker, K30, place blue marker, K10, repeat from *

[color=red]Does this mean to K10, place blue marker, K30, place blue marker, K10, K10 and place blue marker?[/color]

Then for decrease (I have never decreased): :teehee:

*K10, slip marker (good so far), slip two stitches as if to knit one at a time ([color=red]does this mean to take them from your L to R needle in order?), [/color]insert LH needle into front sts from L to R and knit these two st together (SSK). Knit to two sts before next marker, K2tog (I follow that), K10, then repeat from *. Continue until there are 10 st between each marker.

Thanks
Toby[/b]

sounds like your on track… if you get troubled over the semantics of the ssk Amy has a vid for it you can check out.

Yes, that is the way I’m reading it. So…
k10 pm, k30 pm, k10 pm, k10 pm, k30 pm, k10 pm…etc…

*K10, slip marker (good so far), slip two stitches as if to knit one at a time ([color=red]does this mean to take them from your L to R needle in order?), [/color]insert LH needle into front sts from L to R and knit these two st together (SSK). Knit to two sts before next marker, K2tog (I follow that), K10, then repeat from *. Continue until there are 10 st between each marker.

Yes, slip as if to knit from left to right needle. Slipping means you do not wrap yarn and pull through.

the markers and the odd number result in you having a taperd side and more square looking front for your bag

and when you slip, you are putting a little twist (or actually taking out a little twist) to the stitches you are knitting together, makes for a smoother look to this decrease

maybe TMI, but I hop its helpful

ecb