Question about a shawl pattern

I have come across a beautiful shawl pattern (it’s a fairly simple feather and fan pattern). I got 6 rows into it and noticed I messed up somewhere so I took it off the needles and redid my cast on.

Here’s my problem. Row 3 states:

K1, * [K2Tog] 3 times, [yo, K1] 6 times, [K2Tog] 3 times, repeat from * to last st, K1

I understand what is to be done on that row. This is a simple 4 row design for the shawl and it worked out just fine until I got to the 6th row and I ended up with extra stitches before the K1 ending stitch for the row.

What I did the first time around was cast on, did the first and second row, did the third row (when I repeated the pattern since it ended with the K2Tog I kept the pattern going right into the yo) and it worked on the third row. I did the fourth row then went to repeat 1-4 again.

Got throught the first and second row and like I said, when I got to the end of the pattern in the third row I had 2 extra stitches before the K1.

So here’s the question, when I go to repeat the pattern in the 3rd row at the asterick, do I [K2Tog] 3 times again after I already [K2Tog] 3 times, or do I simply do what I did and go straight into the yo?

I think I might have missed a stitch somewhere and that’s why it didnt work out the first time but I just wanted to double check.

Sorry if I repeated myself in this post to many times. Please help!

:oo:

Row 3 is
K1, * [K2Tog] 3 times, [yo, K1] 6 times, [K2Tog] 3 times, repeat from * to last st, K1

So after the initial knit 1, repeat the pattern between the * * and then go to the pattern between the * * again. So yes, you’ll [K2tog] 3 times and immediately [K2tog] 3 times again. It’ll be like k2tog 6 times in a row.

Thanks! I’ll give it another go and hopefully it works out better this time!