Purl below

Hi! I’m Germaine, newly registered. I need help with the purl below stitch. I’m ok with the first row, but am stumped with the following row.

Hi and welcome to KH! Try this video for How to Knit the Purl One Below (p1b). You can skip up to about 45 seconds.

Welcome, Germaine!

You should not normally be required to do that stitch on two consecutive rows. Are you sure it’s not just asking you to do it on the RS (right side) rows? (With some other instruction when working the wrong side rows.)

Hi and welcome! Can you give us the name of the pattern or a pattern link, please?

It’s a Tricot Mouton.com pattern for the Slippers Country Style BF06 (E)

Maybe this one:

Can you quote the entire row with the purl in the row below and also the following row please?
That’ll help with the pattern. It sounds like it’s on the sole of the slipper where there’s a kind of brioche pattern.

Row 1: K1, P1
Row 2: K1,P 1 inserting the needle from the back to the front into the stitch below. They call it Purled Rib. I’m ok with that, but it’s knitted in the round, and the second round calls for it in all the following consecutive rows. Wish I could email you the pattern, as it’s a PDF. Anyways, On my first pair, I have been doing the foot in regular rib.