Puffy slippers

Does anyone know the name of the knitting stitch used for puffy slippers? I searched the internet and can’t find anything. The slippers have ridges, they are a checkerboard pattern (two colors used) and the back side of the slipper looks like 1" horizontal lines. This is really hard to explain and I truly need to watch a video so I can learn how to do this. I’m not a knitter, but I think I could figure this out if I at least know the name of the stitch. I do know that on every other row, and every six stitches, one of the colors of yarn is brought to the front. I’m sorry to be so vague, but since I don’t know what I’m talking about, it’s hard to describe. The slippers are real cushy, and I think the yarn is pulled to “gather” the ridge to give it the puffy look. This is almost impossible to explain. I hope someone can help me.

Could you post a link to a photo of the desired Puffy Slippers?

I think they are called Checkerboard Slippers. Do they look like this?

You can see the inside on this one-

They are done in garter stitch. The back side is created when you change colors and have to carry the color across the previous block of color. Here’s the pattern.

Jan, this is EXACTLY what they are!!! Thank you so very much. They are hard to describe. I have never used a pattern, but I’ll try to figure it out. At least I know where to go if I can’t figure it out!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

You’re welcome. :hug:

Yes, you wanted to know about the puffy slippers…well they are called knitted checkered slippers and i typed up knitted checkered slippers in the search engine and came up with several sites…one of them that has a tutorial about the slippers…I made these with a friend of mine when I was in grade school and was taught how to make them but forgot…so now im gonna learn all over again…These are very comfortable slippers cause of the cushion.

I’m feeling lazy, I guess. If you already have the link, would you please post it?