Problem with universal toe-up heel

i love this pattern. however, i have a problem at the heel. the heel works just like the toe, right, so when you get to the end, you knit the wrapped stitch and then start working in the round, and it leaves 1 wrapped stitch on the opposite end that it says to take care of the next round. when i get to this wrapped stitch, i don’t know what to do with it. :wink: it was a purled wrapped stitch so when i get to it, the wraps are on the right of the stitch for one thing, and when i tried to just knit them together, i wound up with an enormous hole right there that was not at all present on the other side and wound up ripping the whole heel… can someone help?

thanks!

I unvented a technique for this very problem. Try this:
[ul] Slip the wrapped stitch knit-wise then put it back on the left needle.
Lift the wrap and place it onto the left needle.*
Knit these 2 stitches together through the back loop.[/ul]
*For the neatest result, switch the order of the stitch and the wrap so the wrap is on the left. You can do this by pulling the slipped stitch out from under the wrap and then placing it back on the needle.

this is last double-wrapped ones, so i have 2 wraps, but i still think i can try this method. i fear it is something i’m doing wrong with the wraps, might actually be picking up the bump of a stitch instead of a wrap or something… it has to be something with the wrap because the other side is perfect and hole-less even with WW yarn and size 5 needles. MEH! I’ll give this a go again when I finish work.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

You know, I’m having the EXACT same problem. I’m working through Silver’s new tutorial and noticed the same thing yesterday, so I ripped out the entire heel and plan to start over on it today.

I’m going to really, really study short-row heels (both Silver’s pictures and Amy’s videos). There’s probably something wrong with the way I’m wrapping. :??