Problem with Twirly-Top Toque lace pattern

Hi,

I’ve just joined this forum cos I’ve got stuck with a knitting pattern (my first attempt at lace!)

It is Twirly-Top Toque hat pattern from the book [I]One-Skein Wonders: Yarn Shop Favourites[/I]. It is knitted in the round with 84 stitches. The lace pattern is:

Round 1: *K1, yo, ssk, K2, K2tog, yo; repeat from *
Round 2: Knit.
Round 3: *K2, yo, ssk, K2tog, yo, K1; repeat from *
Round 4: Knit.

The problem is that I’ve just tried to knit round 1 of the lace pattern and I’ve come to the end of the round part-way through the repeat (I’ve just done the K2 and I’m back round to the marker). Can anyone think what I might have done wrong? Does the pattern look as though it should come out right with 84 stitches?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Best wishes,
Katie

It should work. There are 7 stitches used per repeat of the pattern. That should work out to 12 repeats per round. Check and make sure you have 84 stitches on your needles.

Thanks for the advice about re-counting stitches. I will do that, and I think I’ll also try putting a marker every 7 stitches (thanks for confirming what the repeat is meant to be – I drew some diagrams but wasn’t very sure). That way maybe I can see what is going wrong. I’m starting to get very wound up by this pattern!:waah:

Wish me luck!
Katie

And check your YOs, you should be wrapping, then ssk - not wrap, k1 and ssk.

Yay, have just managed round 1 of lace pattern. Only 1.5 hours past my bedtime … it’s late here in the UK! I’ll tackle the other part tomorrow. At least I have a relaxing knit round to prepare :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help and support. Much appreciated.

Katie