Problem with Dog Cargo Coat

I am a beginner, that said. I knitted this pattern but it did not come out looking right please help. I do not understand this part.

After stocking st 122 st; purl next row

After this is where I begin to have problems with the reading of pattern. (RS)K11. Cast off 10sts. K80 including st on needle after cast off. Does this mean it is 80 or 81 st? Cast off next 10sts. Knit to end of row

Then the pattern reads:
All leg sections are worked at the same time using separate balls of yarn for each section. Beg with purl row work 2.5ins in stocking st from cast off sts, ending with RS facing for next row.

Does this mean to begin stocking st at the co sts? Where does the 2nd ball of thread come in.

The first time I did this project it came out slightly lopsided.

Thanks
Theresa

“K11. Cast off 10sts. K80 including st on needle after cast off. Does this mean it is 80 or 81 st? Cast off next 10sts. Knit to end of row”

It says the 80 should include the st leftover after casting off. Remember in order to cast off 1 st, you need to knit 2, so you’ll k11, then knit 2 more and cast off the first of these. Count the sts that you lift over the other, not how many you knit. Then with 1 st left, knit 79, and also 2 more to begin the next set of cast off sts.

The next part - Beg with purl row work 2.5ins in stocking st from cast off sts, ending with RS facing for next row. - means that you will work each section with its own yarn end, there’s 3 sections, for 2½" measuring up from the gaps made by the cast off sts.

So after you’ve done the row with the cast offs, turn and work the purl row to the gap, drop that yarn, pick up a new end and purl the 80 sts in the middle to the next gap, drop that yarn and purl the remaining sts with another yarn end. Turn and do the knit row the same way, continuing like this for 2½".

I don’t know how you do it!! Now this makes sense. I will give your instructions a try. Thanks Happy New Year

I’ve been knitting and reading patterns a long long long time. After a few months or so, you’ll be better at them too.