Problem with Baby Cable Rib

I’m knitting a pair of socks from Charlene Schurch’s SKS. The leg I’ve chosen is the Baby Cable Rib shown on page 70.
“Rnds 1, 2, 3: *K2, P2, rep from *
Rnd 4: *K2 tog and leave sts on needle, knit first st and slide both off needle, P2, rep from *”

I have no trouble with rounds 1, 2, & 3. Round 4, however, I just can’t get. I K2 tog, leaving the sts on the needle and then knit the first st again. My problem is getting the needle back through without dropping the yarn that I’ve just wrapped around the needle. If this makes any sense to anyone, can somebody help?
Thanks.

Hi Losnana, I’m not sure why you are having so much trouble with this manuever. I thought maybe it was harder knitting English than Continental, and tried it both ways and can’t say it was hard either way. I would like to be able to sit next to you and see what you are doing. :slight_smile: The only thing I can think of to suggest is to hold a little tension on the yarn after you wrap it so that it can’t get away from you.

I think you understand how to do the stitch, but will go over it in case there is something you misunderstand. Knit the two together like any K2tog. That pulls one new loop up onto the right hand needle. Don’t let anything off the left hand needle at this point. Now knit into the first stitch on the left needle again, like any knit. Now you have pulled 2 loops up onto the RH needle, now let both loops on the LH needle slide off the needle tip.

Another idea. (I’m visiting my DD and she had an idea) She said, “Maybe she is working too close to the tips of the needles, that’s the way I always get into trouble.” I hope you get your problem solved quickly. Sorry I couldn’t be of much help.

I was overthinking it, as usual. When I picked it up and tried again this morning, I had no trouble. Amazing what a little sleep can do. Thanks MerigoldinWA.