Pomatomus Yarn Question

Hi all,

I’m wondering if anyone here has knit Pomatomus out of Fleece Artist Merino sock yarn?
The pattern calls for 2.75mm needles on the Shelridge Farm sock yarn. hmmm… I have knit on 2.5mm with Fleece Artist and it is a good guage. I can’t imagine socks on 2.75 unless I was a REALLY tight knitter… Is this sock supposed to be a bit looser? or does the pattern tighten up the fabric a lot?
I was actually considering using 2.25 needles for it since it is 72 stitches and I am used to making socks on 64… hmmm…

Help! :slight_smile: (and thanks in advance)

okay… so maybe if I rephrase this…

how many of you used the 2.75mm (sz 2) needles as specified in the pattern and what was your outcome? I have read that some find this pattern fits big…

what have other peoples experiences been with the same or different needle sizes?

I’d use the needles that give you the gauge that the pattern lists.
I’m dilligently trying to work on swatching, and finding my “perfect sock” numbers. It’s taking a lot of trial and error.
I’m generally a tight knitter and have to go up a size over what others knit on. But everyone is different. There’s really no way around the swatching phase.