Please tell me I am wrong

I am making this cute baby layette set and I have finished the body of the sweater and am now doing the sleeves. the pattern has eyelet and tiny bobbles all over the front and sleeves. I CO 40sts and did the ribbing and on my last row I have to inc 7 sts, so that should be 47sts.

For some reason my first row of pattern does not work out. I count 45sts and every time I do it I have one st left and I need 3sts.

K3, place marker, K2, K2tog, K1, (YO, K1) twice, SSK, *K3, K2tog, K1, (YO, K1) twice, SSK, repeat from * 2 times more, K2, place marker, K3

I sure hope I am doing something wrong because how do I finish this sweater? I have 27 rows for the pattern. It is leisure arts , knit layettes for little darlings by Carole Prior. It has a baby on the front in a yellow outfit that has bobbles on it, if that helps at all. Has anyone else made this sweater? Waiting to finish this sweater.

K3, place marker, K2, K2tog, K1, (YO, K1) twice, SSK, *K3, K2tog, K1, (YO, K1) twice, SSK, repeat from * 2 times more, K2, place marker, K3

I get that you need 47 to complete this.

k3, K2, K2tog, K1, (YO, K1) twice, ssk = 12
k3, k2tog, k1, (YO, K1) twice, ssk times 3 = 30
k2, k3 = 5

Total, 47. :shrug:

For the YO, k1, are you just doing that or are you using an extra knit stitch by doing yo, k1, k1 by mistake?

I think my eyes need to be checked. :oops: I did that row over and over and over and I kept doing it wrong. Then I read your answer and do it again and it works. I have no idea what I was doing wrong. I have one more question for you. When I got to 1 1/2in in the sleeve ribbing I was to inc 7 sts evenly across. So how do I do it and keep it in K1, P1. Is it impossible?

When you do an increase after the ribbing, you don’t have to keep it in ribbing, since the ribbing won’t continue after that point. You can just increase evenly in the last row of ribbing and continue with the pattern.

Great, but if I had to keep it in ribbing after inc, how would I do that?

:shrug:

Candy, are you knitting top down? If so, do the increases on the last stockinette row before you do the ribbing.

sue

No, I am knitting from cuff up.