Please Pray for The.Knitter

Hi all! I just found out that our friend The.Knitter was in a horse-riding accident two days ago. The horse became spooked and fell on her twice. She sustained serious injuries and is in the hospital. I have no further information beyond this.

Please, if you will, take a moment to say a prayer for her.

Thank you.

:hug:

I’ll pray for her. Please update us as information becomes available!

Bambi

I’ll definitely hold The.Knitter in my thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery!

Debra

Give her my best wishes for a full recovery!

Hoping for a speedy recovery! :hug:

Prayers and healthy healing thoughts to her…

My prayers added, do let her know that we’re thinking of her.

Word is that she has been moved out of critical care in to a regular room. She is in considerable pain as can be imagined.

On August 15th Christine and Frank Murphy went horseback riding. There was an Artist carrying a canvas painting walking through the trails where he shouldn’t have been. He spooked Christine’s horse and she was thrown off. The horse then lost his footing and fell onto Christine. Then the hose tried to get up, lost his footing again, and landed on her a second time. She was taken by ambulance to Owen Sound Hospital where she was assesed and it was determined she needed to be transfered by Air Ambulance (helicopter) to Victoria Hospital, which is the number one Trauma Centre for Grey/Bruce county. She is currently in the Critical Care Trauma Unit with 4 broken ribs, 4 broken vertabrae , and her pelvis is broken in 2 places with multiple small fractures on both sides, and her Fibular head is fractured.She also has a lot of soft tissue and muscle damage. They are still trying to determine the best course of action in how best to deal with her injuries. Please send Christine some reassuring and positive thoughts, and Frank and I will be sure to read them to her everyday to cheer her up. Thank you so much, Tanya and Frank!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=118785147086

Oh, what a horrible accident! The poor thing :frowning: She will definitely be in my prayers!

If you would like to send her a card, please send me a PM. I’ll send you the address.

She is in my thoughts.

wow! that is an incredible amount of broken bones and serious injuries! My heart goes out to her, and I will be praying for a COMPLETE recovery with NO LOSS of sensation or movement of any part! :pray: :pray: :pray:

What an awful accident! I am definitely sending out positive thoughts for a speedy and amazing recovery :hug:

Oh my goodness. I’ll keep her in my prayers.

Are you talking about Judy from the knitter .com

No this is Christine but she goes by The.Knitter on most knitting forums :hug:

:hug::heart::hug:

On my prayer list. Keep us posted.

She will be in my thoughts :hug:

This is part of the update that Christine’s daughter posted on Facebook yesterday:

…Mom was sitting up in a wheelchair. She was able to sit there for 1 hour and 15 minutes. She has been stabilized for the most part (still some issues with her blood pressure and oxygen levels), and is looking much better.