Please may I have some pattern help?!

Good Afternoon,
I’m completely new to this forum.

I am knitting a baby bolero and would like some direction for the right front piece…

Pattern says;
inc 1 st (1st in from edge) at same edge on every foll alt row 6 times and every foll 4th row 1 time… (27sts.) Work 2 rows straight, ending at side edge.

Does this mean that I need to increase one stitch on every other (k) row and then knit 4 rows in st st and then inc 1st?

All help appreciated xx :muah:

Welcome to KnittingHelp!
Yes, inc one stitch every other row 6 times. Then work 3rows in whatever stitch you’re doing and increase on the 4th row. The increases are to be worked one stitch in from the edge to give you a nicer looking edge.

Thank you, salmonmac.
I have done that part but the next part is confusing me just as much :frowning:

the next part says;
Raglan: Cast off 3 sts at beg of next row. Inc 1st at beg of foll row as before.
Next row (rs): k2, k2tog, k to end. 1 st dec at beg of row.

This confuses me as once I have co the 3 sts at the beg of the next row, I’m then on a rs row but the pattern says “inc 1st at beg of foll row as before” if I did that, id be doing it on a rs row, which then would put the rest of the work out… :confused: x

This is the right front on the bolero, correct? Are the increases every other row and then on the 4t row, at the side seam or at the front edge of the bolero?
When you cast off 3sts, is that the beginning of the armhole shaping?
Can you give us the name of the pattern or a pattern link?
Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure I understand.

Yes, it is the right front of the bolero. The increases were every other row for 6 times, then once on the 4th and on the front edge.
Yes, the 3sts cast off are at the side edge to begin the armhole shaping… The pattern is one from the knit and stitch collection and is called Picot-edged bolero x

Yes, the sequence of rows doesn’t make sense.
Raglan: Cast off 3 sts at beg of next row. This is a WS row and the cast off is at the armhole edge.
Inc 1st at beg of foll row This is a RS row and the increase is at the front edge, similar to the other increases.

So then the next directions should be for a WS row but they clearly specify RS. I’d work across the WS row and then follow the directions for the next row:
Next row (rs): k2, k2tog, k to end. 1 st dec at beg of row.

See if the directions that follow then make sense as far as decreases and increases. If not, we can have another think on this.

Ok, I thought I was right. I have actually given myself a headache :’( thanks for all your help x

hey everyone…

hope you don’t mind but I’m in need of a little more instruction decomposition lol!!

this time, its the right sleeve. instructions are as follows:
Raglan: cast off 3 sts at beg of next 2 rows.
Next row (rs): k2, k2tog, k to last 4sts, sl1, k1, psso, k2. 1 st dec at each end of row.
Cont to dec 1 st in this way at each end of every foll alt row 15 times more. 10sts
[B][U]Cont ito dec 1st at end of 3 foll alt rows as before, AT THE SAME TIME cast off at beg of foll alt rows 2sts once and 1 st twice. cast off rem 3 sts.[/U][/B]

The part I need help with is in bold, underlined. I’m down to the 10sts and my next row is a right side row… please help me x:thumbsup:

Could they have written this in a more confusing way?
Ok, on the next row, row 1, dec 1 stitch at end
row 2 bind off 2sts at beginning of row
row 3 dec 1 stitch at end
row 4 bind off 1 stitch a beginning of row
row 5 dec 1 stitch at end
row 6 bind off 1 stitch at beginning of row
row 7 cast off rem 3sts
All of these decreases are going to be on the same side of the sleeve cap but that’s what the pattern is calling for.

Thank you Salmonac!!
This pattern is driving me crazy and I said to my friend that I think it is because of the way its written!

I’m really sorry to question you but this won’t look like the diagram… I don’t know how to add a photo x

Does the diagram look symmetrical? If so, I’d just continue the decreases at the beginning and end of the row every other row until there are 2-4sts left and then bind off.
There are asymmetrical sleeve caps but I’ve never seen one on the baby sweater.