Please help

Hello! I am very new to knitting and self-taught. Actually doing my second pattern now. I have run across this instruction: k1, p1, (k10, p1) around to last 9sts, k9. What the heck does it mean (k10, p1). I am sure it is probably something very simple for for the life of me I can not figure it out. This is for a hat so I am knitting in the round. Thank you in advance. This website has been more than helpful!!:cheering:

Welcome to Knitting Help!

Usually that means that the first k1, p1 is the edge then the part in the parenthesis (k10, p1) is what you continue around till to the last 9 stitches.

If you post the entire line it will be easier for us to make sure that is what you do.

That actually is the complete line :stuck_out_tongue: . I was just confused iwhy it doesn’t just have " repeat from* around. Many many thanks!

Well it sort of does have the repeat in there; when you see something in () followed by an instruction - (k10, p1) around to last 9sts - then that’s the repeat. Not all patterns use *s.

Excellent, thank you so much. I just didn’t want to have to start all over. This site is great!