Please Help!

I love to crochet, but I have never been able to teach myself to knit, however I have found a knitting pattern that I am determined to make. So I’m going to try knitting once again. Your how-to videos have been a lifesaver! It felt like I was just “tying knots”, but then I watched your videos and everything made sense! Thank you!!! I was able to cast on (and it actually looks right) and now I am practicing on the knit stitch and they look nice and even! WOW! Thanks to your videos, I just might figure it out this time! :happydance:
I am having one problem – I have cast on, and knitted the first row – but the very last stitch is always way too loose. How do I keep that stitch even with the others? Or is it supposed to be loose? Also, I’m not sure about when I cast on and then put the needle in my left hand (to start knitting) where should the working yarn be? Mine is always in the front and I have been moving it to the back of the needle – is that the right way to do it?
Thank you in advance for any advice you can give, and I will probably have more questions as I go along.
:teehee:

Welcome!

My last stitch is always a little looser than the rest of the stitches in that first row. I think it’s just the nature of the beast.

as for where your yarn should be, just hold it to the back. it wants to poke out at you toward the front, but just pull it to the back. don’t wrap it around the needle or anything.

Good Luck!!!

one more thing. there’s a demo of a small project here that might help you visualize. She puts all of the steps together so it helps learn what to do when you’re going from one step to the next.

Thank You, SandraEllen! I have watched all of the individual videos, but this one clarifed everything.