Please help

Hi guys

New to this but can anyone help me with row 2 as I’m lost already?

Please and thank you

Also doesn’t seem to add up with the 33 stitches cast on? I have 7 left after the k26

On row 2, after K26 you should have 6 stitches left. On the right needle you should have 28 stitches.

You have 33 stitches when you begin with row 2. This is what you do on row 2:

• Knit 1 stitch (32 stitches left)
  • Make a new right leaning stitch (still 32 stitches left as a stitch got added and is now on the right needle)
  • Knit 26 stitches (6 stitches remaining)
  • Wrap the yarn around the following stitch
  • Turn

The wrap is the slightly odd part. As there it is a turn straight after wrapping it looks like it is meant to be a wrap and turn short row and that the wrap will be used later for closing the gap, however in this pattern the wrap is in the opposite direction from how it is normally done. But it is nothing to worry about as the result will look good regardless of the direction.

In this pattern the wrap is described like this: You move the yarn forward (between the needles so no stitch is added), then you slip one stitch from the left needle to the right, then you move back the yarn (also between the needles) and then slip the stitch back to the left needle. Now it is wrapped.

2 Likes

Thank you I’ll give it a go tomorrow and let you know how I get on…I’m still unsure why I have 7 stitches left on my left needle so I may restart and try again

Thank you for the reaponse😊