Please Help

After being instructed to cast on 198 stitches and to work 7 rows in stocking stitch,
my pattern says K2tog (1 st from working needle together with 1 st from CO edge) and I have to repeat this to the end of the row. I know how to K2tog but the rest just leaves me stumped. It is a cardigan knitted in one piece on a circular needle. If I K2tog for the whole row I will end up far far fewer stitches than I need once I get to the next step in the pattern. Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum!
Rather than k2tog across the row you’re going to knit together one stitch from the working needle and one from the cast on row. That will fold up the edge and make a hem on the sweater.
Here’s a video for the technique:

You may or may not have a purl row as a “turning” row. The video shows markers to keep the hem on track. You can also pick up all the bars from the cast on onto another needle and then knit the two sets of sts together. That insures that you have the same number of sts for the hem.

Thank you so much - I actually worked it out while I lay awake half the night in bed! The video is a huge help - thanks again! :smiley:

Isn’t it funny how that happens? Like a light bulb.
Glad that you’ve got it worked out.