Please Help With This New Pattern!

Hi everyone! I’m quite a new knitter and I’m seriously struggling with creating a pair of socks. I have finally managed to knit the length, but have now reached the heel flap/ decreasing and it’s a whole other ball game. I don’t understand a word of this and don’t want to mess up what I’ve already spent hours doing! Please could someone help me easily work this out? They are for a Christmas present and I just want them to work out! Thank you!

Welcome to KH!
Looking at the heel flap, you are going to rearrange your sts so that you can knit back and forth on 20 sts. Knit across 10 sts on needle 1 then turn to the wrong side (inside of the sock) and purl back on those same 10sts and continue to purl 10sts more until you have 20sts on needle 1.

Now turn to the right side (RS) or outer side of the sock, slip one stitch as if to purl and knit to the end of the row. Turn, slip a stitch and purl back on the same sts. Repeat these 2 rows for the heel flap.

Would you please delete the first scan? We can’t post large sections of patterns here due to designer copyright. Use the pencil icon in the lower right of the Reply box to edit your post.
What is the name of your pattern?

Thank you for your help! Apologies for the picture copyright, I didn’t realise this and have deleted both. The pattern doesn’t have a name to look up, as it came from a company pack set!

1 Like

Thanks very much. Come back if you still need help with the heel flap or the next steps. You can quote a couple of rows if that helps.