Please Help With These Directions

I am knitting a baby sweater size 0-3 months. This is a British pattern. The directions after the ribbed pattern are: Patt 3, patt 2 tog, 5 times, patt 3 . I started with 58 stitches and after this row it says I should have 52. This was a purchased pattern .
Any help will be appreciated.: This is for the back.

More info would help. What is the pattern name and link if you have it?

The pattern is called BHKC (British Hand Knitting Confederation Limited). The website was www.ukhandknitting.com I think this might be a way to decrease the rib stitching. The rib was for* K3, p1*, rep to last 2 sts, k2
2nd Row *p3, k1, rep from * to last 2 sts, p2.
Thank you for any help.

I couldn’t find the sweater that you’re doing but I have a question and a suggestion.
Is this the entire row “…Patt 3, patt 2 tog, 5 times, patt 3…” with all the parenthesis etc? As is, it’s not enough to account for 58sts or for 6 decreases. It could be a pattern error.
If it’s the row after the rib and before the main pattern for the body, you could just decrease 6sts approximately evenly spaced across the row. Work in rib pattern and k2tog or purl2tog at the decreases.
For example: rib 8, work 2sts tog, rib 6, work 2tog, rib 6, work2tog, rib 6, work2tog, rib 6, work 2tog, rib 6, work 2tog, rib 8.

Oh my. I think maybe I copied that wrong. Yes it is above the rib and right before the main pattern. I like what you suggested. Thank you so much.