Please help with stitch combo! :)

Hello all. I am new to knitting and I have a question about a pattern stitch combo.
I casted on 64 stitches. Had to increase and then ended up with 66 stitches.
Now I had to knit the stitch combo:
K1, k2tog, yf, k1, yf, sl1k, k1, psso
I looked up all the stitches to make sure I got it all right.
After knitting the combo I ended up with 8 loops on my hook…I finished to the end of the row and had 2 stitches left over.
Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong???
I am desperately looking for help…
You would make my day if you could help me…
Thanks in advance!
Jen

It would help a lot if you tell us what you are making, the pattern name and give a link if possible.

I’m not sure I understand exactly what you’re saying. You had 66 stitches after the increase, but then you had 8…was this after knitting an entire row? Or did you just knit to the last 8 and it didn’t come out correct? Is there a border?

Yes, i agree, the pattern information, please.
If what you’ve given us is the pattern repeat, then it should take 6sts. The yarn forwards don’t use a stitch.

This is the link to the pattern right here. You won’t see the pattern but at least the picture.
https://www.etsy.com/de/transaction/1108854969

The stitch combo i wrote is the pattern repeat. How does it turn out 6sts though? I guess that is where my mistake is. You said that yf don’t use a stitch. Since I am a beginner I looked the stitches up on youtube and it said yf is the same as yo…which is supposed to be an increase?

Aww that’s adorable!

Yes, YF is the same as YO. It’s an increase and what creates the eyelets.

If I’m reading the repeat correctly it doesn’t gain or lose stitches…it’s all balanced out by increase and decrease. The two extra stitches you encountered seem to be the two you increased before you started the repeat for the eyelets. Are you sure there were increases on the previous row?

Trying to figure out if it’s a pattern error or something you’re doing. You could message the designer as she says you can contact her anytime. She knows the pattern better than anyone. :wink:

That is exactly what I thought, that its all balanced out, I did contact her…her first reply was the same as salmonmac said…that its 6 sts. Since I didn’t understand that I asked her again because I have been researching for two days already and just can’t seem to find a solution :frowning:
Her reply to that was that its actually an easy pattern and that if I am a beginner I should try something even more easy :frowning: I am just trying to understand it though :frowning: and I do not want to give up…

Wow, I’m sorry. That answer she gave you is kind of rude.

Anyway… so you are supposed to have 6 not 8? In that case check the row before and see if maybe you are increasing when you’re not supposed to. You can type out hat line as well if you like. Just don’t type the whole pattern.

Make sure that you row is 66sts after the increase. That’ll give you 11repeats.
Yes, the yf is a yarn over. Bring the yarn to the front and over the right hand needle to the back. That’s it.
The k1 uses 1stitch, the k2tog uses 2, the k1 uses 1, the (slip one knitwise, k1, pass slipped stitch over) uses 2. That’s a total of 6. Be careful of the slipped stitch because it’ll sit next to the yo until you pass it over.
It’s good to stretch your knitting skills with something new. You’ll get it to work and you’ve got all of us here to help.

Thank you so much for all your help! @salmonmac, I will try what you wrote and let you know if it worked. :slight_smile:

@jan in ca this is the previous row:
Row 7: (k31, k1fb) repeat across – you have now 66 sts on your needles
Row 8: (k1, k2tog, yf, k1, yf, sl1k, k1, psso) repeat across

Sometimes figuring this stuff out drives me crazy and I just have to get needles and yarn in my hand and try it. I did and I ended up with 6 stitches at the end and it worked out perfectly.

I suspect you may be doing something incorrectly or miscounted somewhere. Since it takes 6 stitches for each section try using a marker between every 6 stitches. If you put them on before you start you can see if you have the correct number of repeat sections before you even start. Let us know how that works.