Please help with jacket shoulder shaping

Hi
I’m working on a jacket back. Just finished armhole shaping and ready to start shoulder shaping. Directions say Row 1 & 2- work to end and then lists numbers. But work to end is 155 stitches. I thought maybe work amount of stitches listed for my size, then SWT??. Could someone please explain how to work rows 1 thru 6 in shoulder shaping?
Thanks in advance,
Tamdzi

Hi, new here,but just read your post, and in my opinion and if I were knitting this pattern,this is how I would read it…
Firstly I think that the word Stitches has been miss out when iiit tells you to work to end 11/13/14/15/17/18, so I would assume on
Row 1 and 2 work to last 18stiches, then do your slip wrap and turn.
Row 3and4 work to last 36 stitches slip wrap and turn.
Row5 all the 155 stitches.
I am assuming here you are knitting the largest size.
Hope this helps.

What is the name of your pattern?
These are short rows with wrap & turn. Topsy is on the right track:
Row 1 Work up to the last 18sts, wrap and turn
Row 2 Work up to the last 18sts, wrap and turn
Row 3 Work up to the last 36sts, wrap and turn
Row 4 Work up to the last 36sts, wrap and turn
Row 5 Work up to the last 55sts, wrap and turn
Row 6 Work up to the last 55sts, wrap and turn

Thanks so much

Thank you for your help

Thanks so much for your help. That’s the way I read it also but thought I was wrong. LOL. The pattern is a Mari jacket pattern called Rib Panel Jacket. She has the most beautiful sweater and jacket patterns. Wish I could make them all!!

Tammy

Maybe this one?

I like her patterns, too. I’ve made one or two of them myself.

Yes that’s the one. When I do the 1st set of instructions I patterened 18, did the SWT turned and now that leaves 18 stitches. When I pattern them there will not be a stitch to SWT???

You start with 155sts and pattern across 137 leaving 18sts on the left needle. Slip, wrap and turn to the other side of the piece, probably the inner or private side. Once you’ve turned you’ll have 18sts on the right needle and 137sts on the left needle. Pattern across until there are 18sts on the left needle.

Tammy,

The idea of this is to have the shoulder slope, just like shoulders do!

I gather, since you mention 18 stitches, that you are making size 46. Therefore, when you begin the shoulder, you have 155 stitches.

On the first row (RS) work 137 stitches up to the end 18. Then slip, wrap, turn. (The s.w.t. prevents a hole from forming. Work back on the WS, 119 stitches up to the end 18. Then SWT. On the next RS row, work 101 stitches, up to the end 36 stitches. SWT. On the next WS row, work 83 stitches, up to the end 36 stitches. SWT. On the next RS row, work 64 stitches up to the end 55. SWT. Finally, on the next WS row, work 45 stitches to the end 55.

So, what you’ve done is hold 18,18,19 stitches on each end, for a total of 55 stitches. The shoulder slopes as you’ve done this over six rows.

Sounds like you are doing the SWT correctly!

Write again if this is still confusing.

Mari

These are the directions from Mari.