PLEASE HELP ME with (k1, p1) in yo knitting

[size=7]I have to do mock granny stitching but there’s a part that I don’t understand…(k1, p1) in yo?!? what does that mean? I’ve tried and tried but still haven’t figured it out. please help![/size]

YO means yarn over. If you dont know how, Amy has a video in the increase section. I would take it to mean that when you have done the YO in a row, and then you turn the work, when you get to the YO on the other side, K1, then dont slip the stitch off of the needle and purl one in the same stitch where you knitted one, then pull both stitches off of the needle and onto the other. Might be confusing. :?? does this help? :shrug: Godd luck and best of wishes to you! :muah: :muah:

yes, it helps THANK YOU! that’s what I thought I had to do but I wasn’t sure if I was doing it correctly.

I tried it again…I don’t think it looks right…need help please! The pattern is:

Mock Granny stitch (multiple of 4sts=2)
Row 1 (WS) K2tog, k to last 2 sts, k2tog—2 sts dec
Row 2 Rep row 1—2 sts dec
Row 3 P1, *p2tog,yo,p2tog; rep from * to last st, p1—1 st dec in each rep
Row 4 K1, *k1, (k1, p1) in yo, k1; rep from * to last st, k1—1 st inc in each rep

It keeps on coming out wrong…(k1, p1) in yo?!?

Are you bringing your yarn to the front between the needles to purl in the second part of the instruction? Knit as normal, don’t slide, bring the yarn to the front and purl into the same stitch, and then slide off.

thank you…I’m sorry for reposting…I did end up figuring it out…the stitch just looked weird but I found out it was suppose to look like that xxx after I kept on knitting