Please help! I can't understand this pattern!

I am working on a drop stitch hat - this is the first time I have tried out many of these stitches, and to complicate matters, this pattern was written by someone who says they have never written a pattern before. Here is a selection of the pattern - can anyone tell me what is meant by “drop the stitch all the way down to yo”?

[I]Row 1: *K2, P2, K1, yo, K1, P2. Repeat from * to the end of the row.
Rows 2-5: *K2, P2, K3, P2. Repeat from * to the end of the row.
Row 6: *K1, yo, K1, P2, K1, drop stitch all the way down to yo, K1, P2. Repeat from * to the end of the row.
Row 7-11: *K3, P2, K2, P2. Repeat from * to the end of the row.
Row 12: *K1, drop stitch all the way down to yo, K1, P2, K1, yo, K1, P2. Repeat from * to the end of the row.
Repeat Rows 1-12 one more time. Work Rows 1 and 2 again, then begin decreasing while wokring in pattern. [/I]

Also, in the notes to this pattern, someone has suggested the following: [I]“I think your row 1 should be the set-uo row, followed by rows 1-5 (instead of 2-5). Then when you repeat rows 1-12 you are not doing two consecutive rows with yo’s.”[/I]

Now, I have already knitted up to row 4 - is there anything I can improvise after knitting row 12 in order to avoid two consecutive rows containing yo’s, without compromising the pattern?

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

When you come to the st that you’re to drop, take it off the needle and let it unravel down to the yo 6 rows below that made it. Make sure you’re dropping the right stitch.

If you look at row 1, there’s 5 sts, then a yo and 3 more sts. Rows 2 to 5 are just working the sts, but then on row 6 you work 5 sts, then drop the next one that should be the one over the YO. I hope this is worked in the round rather than flat, otherwise it won’t work.

The comment may be right about not including row 1 again in the repeats, and only doing rows 2 to 12. Do you have a link to the pattern?

Oh thank you for replying so quickly!
This is indeed knit in the round. So, seeing as how I have followed the pattern as printed thus far, I might be able to solve the two consecutive rows with yo’s problem by simply eliminating row 1 when I repeat 1-12? That sounds simple enough…

Here is a link to the pattern:

Your help is so greatly appreciated, I cannot thank you enough.

Yeah, basically row 12 is the same as row 1 except you’re dropping the 2nd st which was added on row 6. Actually, looking at it, rows 2, 3, 4, 5 are plain as are 7, 8 9, 10 and 11, but there’s 4 row in the first set and 5 in the second set. Just do 4 rows in the second - 7, 8 , 9 and 10 - and row 12 would actually be row11. Then repeat 2-5, row 6, 7-10, row 11. That makes all the plain rows 4 rows long.

Or you can do rows 2-6 as plain ones, row 7 with YOs and drop sts, rows 8-12 plain, then row 13 would have the YOs and drop sts, making 5 rows between the yo/drop ones. Either way, or just do it as written with 4 then 5 rows between.

Thank you so much!