Please Help! forming a ridge?

Hello! I’m new to knitting and I’ve recently tried to start trying different patterns. I was doing well up until I got up to a part in the pattern where it says to form a ridge on the right side of the work by:

[WS]: [With left needle, pick up purl bump of next st, 6 rows down, p this st tog with next st on needle] to end of row.

I’m very confused. I’m not sure what this means or how to do it at all, and was wondering if someone could please explain it to me? What do they mean by picking up a purl bump of the next stitch, and how do you do the 6 rows down thing?

Thank you so much! I really appreciate any help you can give me!

Its kind of like making a pleat. When you look at your left tip, count down 6 rows from the stitch that’s on the needle. Insert your right tip into the stitch (purl “bump”) and lift it up onto the left tip. Then purl this extra stitch together with the next stitch that’s on the needle.

Enough?

Here’s a demo for forming a ridge in knitting that may help, too. Scroll down about halfway to the question: “I’m not sure I understand how to create the ridge”.

thank you so much! this helps a TON! =]