Phrases below username?

Can anyone explain the phrases below our usernames like, casting on, working the gusset, turning the heel, etc. I realize these are all knitting terminologies, but how does the phrase get there? I couldn’t find a setting for it in the user settings. Does it have something to do with how long you’ve been with the forum? Anyway, just curious about it.

Just a bit of fun. It does have to do with how many posts you have here but the exact formula is a State secret.

:teehee: Mason! And to add to what Mason said they are sock knitting references. :wink:

[FONT=“Comic Sans MS”][COLOR="#300090"]“Moderator,” Jan in CA? :roflhard:

Clearly there are exceptions to that “sock rule.” :slight_smile:

I’ve been as far as “Turning the Heal” but appear to have had a back-slide to “Ribbing the Cuff.” Is “Working the Gusset” a sock term? I thought that was for the thumb of a glove?

Clearly, I still have much to learn.

–Jack :guyknitting: [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=Black] Yeah, we don’t get the cute sock references. [/COLOR][/FONT]:teehee:

I’ve been as far as “Turning the Heal” but appear to have had a back-slide to “Ribbing the Cuff.” Is “Working the Gusset” a sock term? I thought that was for the thumb of a glove?

Clearly, I still have much to learn.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

That’s odd, I never heard of anyone going backwards. Maybe your sock got frogged! :lol: And yes, there is a gusset on some types of socks. :thumbsup:

[FONT=“Comic Sans MS”][COLOR="#300090"]Not odd at all. Either I am delusional, mistaken, or amphibious.

I frequently FROG, but I’m hoping it was merely the second option of the three. :slight_smile:

I am a conservative, middle-of-the-road kind of guy. Can’t ya tell? :wink:

–Jack :guyknitting: [/COLOR][/FONT]

:lol: