Petal Garland pattern question

Pattern is Petal Garland in Martin Storey’s book Floral Knits.

Flowers
co 57
Row 1 Purl

Row 2 K2, [k1, slip this st back onto left-hand needle, lift next 8 stitches over this st and off left-hand needle, y2rn, knit st on left-hand needle again, k2] to end. 27 sts

Row 3 K1, [p2tog, then k1, k1 tbl, k1, k1 tbl all into y2rn, p1] to last st, k1. 32 sts

Does y2rn start over or under needle?
Lifting stitches over is kind of fiddly - any tips?

Do you read the instructions in brackets on Row 3 to mean k1, k1 tbl, k1, k1 tbl all in one loop? Or k1, k1 tbl in each of the two loops created by the y2rn? Doesn’t that create a bobble? I’m confused…

Would love your input.

For me, it would be easier to start the double yarn over from under the right needle. It may not matter as long as you end with two loops over the needle.
You can lift the stitches off the left hand needle two at a time if that makes it easier.
It’s k1, k1 tbl, k1, k1 tbl all in the one big loop created by that double yarn over.

Hi. I’m working on the garland now. Did you manage to figure out how to make the flower? I’m having trouble lol.

Welcome to KH!
Where are you having trouble with the flower? Same place?

Yes. How do you end up with 32 stitches on row 3?

Yes. How do you end up with 32 stitches on Row 3?

Sorry I just saw now that you had replied earlier.

The stitch count works out correctly to 32. There’s a stitch at either end of the repeats (2sts total) and the repeats end with 6sts. Since there should be 5 repeats, that’s 32sts.

What does Knit 1 tbl all into y2rn mean?

Where are the extra 5 stitches coming from? I’m sorry to have so many questions.

You’ll (k1, k1 through the back loop, k1, k1 through the back loop) all into the double yarn over.

In the repeat on row 3 you start the row with 2sts, double yarn over and one stitch in the repeat section (5sts per repeat). After row 5 you have p1, 4 new sts created from the double yo and p1 in the repeat section (6sts per repeat). That’s an increase of one stitch per repeat times 5 repeats for the extra 5sts.

Oh my. I’m so confused. Thank you for trying to explain it to me.

Try it out and see if you can get it to work. The parts in brackets are the repeats. The unusual stitch is working 4sts into the double yarn over from the previous row. Think of it as one large yarn over and try working 2 knit front and back (kfb) into that yarn over if that sounds simpler.

Thank you!

Oh my!! Woo hoo! Thank you so much for your help. I made a flower!!!

Fantastic!

Hi! I do have another question. Regarding the bobble for this flower. Are there instructions how to attach the bobble? It just says slip centre over bobble fasten off securely.

I don’t actually have this pattern so I don’t know. If the bobble is made separately, I would try to knot it to the flower and then weave in the yarn ends to secure it.