Patterns for Men

Hey there! I’m a male knitter with a bit of an inconveniece. Although I love knitting things for my girl friends, there seems to be a scarcity of patterns for men. Bags? sweaters? scarves? ties? I know you ladies have those patterns somewhere!!
Thanks!
Nathan

girlfriends? lol

sorry i am not any help in that as i haven’t looked for any. maybe googling knitting patterns for men?

There’s quite a few men’s patterns here. Can’t say whether they are great or not, because I haven’t looked at length…but there are a bunch!

Welcome Nathan! Love your username. DH is a huge Kurt Vonnegut fan.

Have you looked through the free patterns section on this site yet? Those are all of my favorite free patterns (compiled 4 or 5 months ago, from Freepatterncentral.com and from faerycrafty’s blog. I looked through thousands and thousands of patterns to make that index of 550+ links).

Check out the men’s sweaters, the gloves, the socks, the bags, and don’t forget the fun misc. section (that’s where you’ll find men’s ties!).

Amy

Cable knits are great for men! I did a cable scarf for my DH. He wore it a coupla times but I think the slagging at work got to him as he’s never worn it since!

Now I’m thinking of making him a sweater. Tell me I’m not insane!

eh hem…girlfriends as in girls that are friends :stuck_out_tongue: Do you really think a male knitter is straight? :wink: Thanks for all the tips, I checked out this site a bit more thoroughly and have found some good projects to get going!
amy - thanks! :slight_smile:
Egeria - go for it!!! You may be crazy, but that doesn’t hinder you from throwing down some fab cables!

True 'nuff! And I wouldn’t let him wear a cable sweater to work either so he might just get away with it. Will be checking out some books today so hopefully I find something he likes the look of!

Of course, I’m on a yarn diet at the moment so whatever I find will have to wait. Man I hate dieting!

:roflhard:
Actually, Joel is here so he can bond with his wife! Which is quite admirable, unless Joel is a big, fat liar. (Im kidding, Joel!!!)
WELCOME, Kilgore!! :waving:
Love, KellyK, owner of THIS BOOK.

lmao…well why the heck are all my gay friends making me knit for THEM then…sheeeeeeeeesh i’m being robbed! :wink:

Brenda, it just menas that your knitting is so superior that they’re too embarassed to even try!

lol…wow look at that…impressive flattery…even if it is all lies! :wink:

nah they are taking up a collection to get me a rocking chair to do my knitting in. i don’t wanna tell them that i am secretly psyched at that idea! :lol:

Phildar has great sweater patterns for men in their catalogs. You can see all of the available patterns from each catalog on their site. So cool! I just received my order from them in less than a week. The instructions are in french, but i have heard they are easy to follow. I have a very limited understanding of french, since highschool was quite awhile ago. I plan on using an online translator to help. They are also available from a store in canada with an english insert. Postage to the states was more than i was willing to pay though.