Pattern vs. Picture

I don’t get it. I’m working on an adorable ‘antique’ shrug pattern with the following instructions:

[FONT=Times New Roman]WS: Knit all st; Continue in reverse stockinette stitch for 4 more rows[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]I did exactly that, but my shrug doesn’t match the picture. In the picture of the finished shrug there are no reverse stockinette stitch rows. Should I follow the picture or the pattern? [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]This is the second pattern I’ve attempted where the picture of the finished item is different from the pattern. Is this commonplace? Or am I missing something? [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Thanks[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/FONT]

Is it a hem?

Not really because the directions are to do five rows of K1, P1 after the reverse stockinette stitch, so the bottom matches the collar.

I’d bet that at some point there [I]was [/I]a hem, but they changed it to ribbing and forgot to take that part out of the pattern. :think:

So I’m not completely crazy? It’s such a coincidence that the last two patterns I’ve attempted were different from the pictures of the finished project. [The first one was a sweater with two different colored stripes on the sleeves, but the pattern specified one color.]

Thanks for help, [and letting me vent]. I’ll bet your right about the pattern. I guess now it’s just a matter of which ‘look’ I like better on my shrug.

Thanks again!