Pattern Reading Help

I’m working on a raglan sweater (found in Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson) and have just finished the first sleeve and broken the yarn as instructed. Next, the pattern says to

“work the sleeve sts onto the end of the longer circular needle for the body holding the right front sts, pm, work the back sts, pm.”

I’m confused as to whether I’m just placing the stitches on the larger needles or actually knitting… can anyone tell me what this means?

[B]Your Directions: “work the sleeve sts onto the end of the longer circular needle for the body holding the right front sts, pm, work the back sts, pm.”[/B]

It looks to me like you already have some stitches on “the longer circular needle for the body holding the right front sts,” so the next step would be to work the sleeve stitches onto this same needle, pm, and then work the back stitches and place another marker.

Does that match up with where your needles/stitches are right now and make sense?

“work the stitches” seems to indicate that you will be knitting them, otherwise I think it would say to slip the stitches to the needle. What Antares said.