Pattern reading assistance

Hello,

I’m a beginner knitter and have just started on my first jumper pattern, however I don’t understand the next line of instructions and am looking for some assistance.

I’ve knitted from patterns before, however this pattern’s wording seems to be a bit different. The pattern is Panda B.I.G cropped jumper (#7 in this photo: http://knittingyarns.com.au/sites/default/files/field/product-image/capital-big-back_450.jpg) Yarn is Panda B.I.G using 12mm needles

I’ve included a picture of the part I don’t understand, as well as what the pattern pieces are supposed to look like.

The instructions are as follows:

Shape Armholes –
Cast off 2 sts at beg of next 2 rows…(36) sts.
Dec one st at each end of next row then in every foll alt row (1) time…(32 sts)**
Cont without further shaping until back measures (38cm) from beg, ending with a knit row.

What I don’t understand is whether this is [B]one[/B] instruction, or whether each line is a different instruction? My best understanding of it is:

Next row: cast off 2 sts, knit to end
Next row: cast off 2 sts, purl to end (should now have 36 sts on needle)
Next row: knit row, dec 1 st at end
Next row: ??? [I]Dec one st at each end of next row then in every foll alt row (1) time…(32 sts)**[/I]

Any help is very much appreciated, I’m sure it’s very simple however I just can’t understand the way it’s written :confused:

Thanks in advance
Natalia

Welcome to KH!
You’re almost there:
Next row: cast off 2 sts, knit to end
Next row: cast off 2 sts, purl to end (should now have 36 sts on needle)
Next row: knit row, dec 1 st at [I]each[/I] end
Here you can knit one stitch, dec by ssk, knit across to 3sts from the end, k2tog, k1
Next row: purl across
Next row: Dec one st at each end of next row then in every foll alt row (1) time…(32 sts)**
For this row, repeat the decrease row above and you should be down to 32sts. There’s a dec of 2sts per dec row.