Pattern Question

I have 60 stitches on needle. The stitch pattern is multiple of 7 stitches + 1 and 8 rows.
Example, P1 *RT (right twist), P1, K3, P1; repeat from * to the end.

I have 3 stitches left. So do I RT, P1 then stop and do next row? All rows will end with 3 stitches. So all rows end with the first 3 stitches of the 7 stitch pattern?
Thanks for your help.

Usually the pattern will account for any extra stitches for example a multiple of 7+4. That way you don’t have to work part of a repeat.
Finishing up with the RT, P1 will work however and balance out the P1 RT at the beginning of the row. Will the other rows balance out too?
What pattern are you using? Can you give us a link or a pattern name?

Hi,
This is the pattern:

Row 1. P1, *RT,P1,K3,P1; repeat from * to the end of row
Row 2 & Row 4 k1, *P3,K1,P2,K1; repeat from * to the end of row
Row3 P1, *k2,p1,k3,p1; repeat from * to the end of row
Row 5 P1,*RT, P5, repeat from * to the end of row
Row 6 & Row 8 *k5,p2; repeat from * to last stitch in row, k1
Row 7 p1, *k2,p5; repeat from * to the end of row

I have 60 stitches. There will be 3 stitches left on every row.
Do I just knit the first 3 stitches for all rows?
Thanks for looking at this.
Best,
Renay

Well, you could knit the last 3sts of the odd rows and purl the first 3sts of the even rows or vice versa but it won’t be balanced.
Why not just start the pattern with 57sts? Is the 8 row repeat part of something else?

Your pattern is a multiple of 7 stitches + 1. You have too many stitches to do this pattern. Any number times 7 plus 1 stitch. Say 7 X 8 = 56 plus 1 equals 57 stitches not 60. Or 7 x 10 = 70 plus 1 equals 71 stitches. If you go with the 57 stitches you will not have the three remaining stitches.