Pattern Question

Hi everyone!
I am knitting the sleeves onto my sweater back. I have one sleeve done and it looks great. The problem is I do not remember how I did it. When I read the directions a little over a month ago they made perfect sense, but now I look at them and they confuse me! (Apparently I forgot how to read directions after I had my baby!!! :aww: ) The directions read:

Continue decreasing 1 st at the beg and end of every 10th row and the following 8th row until 35 sts remain.

I understand that i need to knit 9 rows and dec the next and then start counting over until I get to the 8th row and dec that row. But then do i start counting over and count 10 rows and dec, OR do I dec on the 10th row of the original 8th row direction. (Does that even make sense???)

The first sleeve came out great, but I am really lost on this second one. I never should have put my knitting down!

What’s the pattern, please?

It’s a pattern I bought from patternfish. The section of the pattern I am working on says:
For medium continuing with back, place the first 53 sts on a holder (for right front) and with a new strand of yarn K 53 sleeve sts. Work in st st for 9 rows. Begin shaping sleeve - k1, k2tog, k to last 3 sts, ssk, k1. Work 7 rows and then dec again. Work 9 rows and dec again. Work 9 rows and dec again. Work 7 rows and dec again. Continue dec 1 st at the beg and end of every 10th row and following 8th row until 35 sts remain. Work in st st without shaping until sleeve reaches desired length.

The sweater was is knit side to side in one piece. (I knit the back, and now I am knitting the sleeves onto it.)
Here is the picture http://www.patternfish.com/patterns/904
THanks!

It looks like you work 10, 8, 10, 8, 10, 8, etc.