Pattern question

Good morning,

I have a question on a sweater I am knitting.

I just finished this part of the pattern (which I totally understand) k1, skp, knit to end. Purl to end and so forth for a designated number of rows. I have 22 stitches left.

Here is the part I want to make sure I understand. The pattern now says to bind of 11 stitches at the beginning of the row. Work 1 row. Bind off remaining 11 stitches. Does this simply mean, bind off 11 stitches, knit to end, and then bind off the last remaining stitches on the purl side? :thinking:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :heart: :thumbsup:

Amy1

I did a sweater similar to that…in mine the diagram showed that the bound off part was a little uneven. If “bind of 11 stitches at the beginning of the row. Work 1 row. Bind off remaining 11 stitches.” is exactly what it says, I would bind off 11, knit to end, then the purl row would be your “work 1 row” then bo 11 again on the knit side. But…if it says work “the rest of the row” rather than “work 1 row” after the first BO on the knit side, I would then BO on the purl side. If there is a diagram it might be more clear.

Hi Kemp,

Wow, thanks so much for a quick response. :cheering: I can now go finish this side of the sweater. I knew in my heart of hearts it just wasn’t what I thought it would be. :shock:

Amy 1