Pattern Query

Hi

I am unable to discover the following line, could someone please help:

ROW 1 (RS): K2 work row 1 of Right panel, k39 (45:48:51).

ROW 2:P.

ROWS 3-12: Rep rows 1 and 2 x 5 but working rows 3-12 of right panel.

These 12 rows form part.

I understand and have knitted row 1 and 2 but it is the “Rep rows 1 and 2 x 5 but working rows 3-12 that I cannot get”.

I would appreciate some clarification on this please.

Thank you

Lorraine

Welcome to KH!
What is the name of your pattern?
Rows 1 and 2 give you the placement of the Right Panel. Continue repeating rows 1 and 2 but each time you repeat the row1 replace “…row 1 of the Right Panel…” with row 3, then row 5, and so on. You’ll be progressing along the rows of the Right Panel for this part of the knitting.

I’m wondering if for rows 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11 you K2 then work the corresponding row of the right panel then k39 (45:48:51)? That would be my reading of it. If that’s not right then somebody here will definitely be able to help you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Jo
Thanks for this. My understanding is knit row 1 and 2, then pattern says repeat rows 1 and 2 x5 whilst continuing knitting rows 3-12. Altogether there are 12 rows pattern, I am really struggling to understand how the pattern is written.
Lorraine

Hi
Thank you for replying. I am using 'The big book of knitting and wanted to knit the 'Bell-edge cardigan. I wish I could Makel out what the pattern mean. I was trying to knit up the pattern from the right panel. Hope you can enlighten me. I typed the description on goggle and the pattern came up.
Thanks.
Lorraine

Ok, as I read it, it should go like this. You have knitted rows 1 and 2 which set up your pattern. On Row 3 you will K2, work row 3 of the right panel, then K39 (45:48:51) - Row 4 you will purl across - Row 5 you will K2, work row 5 of the right panel, then K49 (45:48:51). Row 6 purl across. For each right side row (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11) you will work the corresponding panel row and for rows 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 you will purl. This will give you your 12 rows pattern.

Hi Jo
Thank you. So basically, just follow rows 1-12 from the right panel but what does the rep rows 1and 2 x 5 mean after I have already knitted row 1 and 2. I am so sorry if I just don’t get this. I have been knitted for many years usually from an English version pattern which can read different to an
American one. I really appreciate you time for this Jo.

Regards
Lorraine

Not a problem :slight_smile:

The way I read it is that basically the repeat rows 1 and 2 x5 are repeating the k2 at the start and the k39 (45:48:51) at the end of the right side rows and purling across the wrong side rows. You’ve knitted 2 rows so repeating rows 1 and 2 x5 will give you an additional 10 rows, equalling the 12 rows of pattern.

Jo
I believe you has made me understand. Thank you so much. I will have a go although I am not very fast) and will update when I have done it.
Have a great rest of day knowing you have made a person day.
Best wishes
Lorraine

2 Likes

You’re very welcome Lorraine and I look forward to seeing a photo of it when it’s finished :blush:

1 Like